Don’t forget to check our premium product. SuperMagPro
SuperMag : News, Magazine and Blog WordPress Themes.
We believe this documentation help you to install, setup and customize your site using our theme ‘SuperMag’.
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New.
- In Search themes… type ‘SuperMag’.
- When ‘SuperMag’ appears click Install button
- After Installing the theme Click Activate button
Setting up Image Sizes
- Go to the Settings, then Media.
- Set thumbnail size : 500 * 280
- Set Medium size : 600 * 365
- Set Large size : 840 * 480
- Click Save Changes
How to make the image size as on demo?
First, go to Settings > Media
Set thumbnail size : 500 * 280
Set Medium size : 600 * 365
Set Large size : 840 * 480
Click on Save Changes to save the change.
We recommend you to use plugin named Acme Fix Image
to crop the actual size of the images.
Start Adding-Editing Contents in your site
Now you can start adding/editing content in you site
- Add Categories and Posts.
- Add different Pages.
Using Theme Customization Options
- ‘SuperMag’ comes with advanced Theme Customization options.
- Go to the Appearance, then Customize.
- Now you can customize you site with great theme customization options.
Manage Site Title, Tagline and Site Icon
- From Customize, go to Site Identity
- You will see options for Site Title, Tagline, Site Icon
- After adding/editing them, don’t forget to click ‘Save & Publish’ button at the top
- From Customize, go to Menus
- You can setup everything related to menus there
Setting up Front page and Blog ( Posts ) page
- From Customize, go to Static Front Page
- Choose a A static page
- Now select Front page and Posts page from the dropdown
- Note: if you don’t have added pages for this, first add pages from WordPress Admin panel => Pages
How to setup features sections
Featured sections includes Featured Slider and Slider Right Sections ( 4 block sections )
Featured Slider ( Category Slider )
- From Customize, go to Featured Section Options then Category Slider Selection
- Select one of the category for Featured Slider
Slider Right Sections ( 4 block sections )
- From Customize, go to Featured Section Options then Slider Right Section
- Select Post One, Select Post Two, and also add Advertisements One and Two
Enable/Disable Feature Section
- From Customize, go to Featured Section Options then Enable Feature Section
- You can enable or disable this section
Managing widgets in sidebar
- From Customize, go to Widgets
- You will see 5( five ), Sidebar ( Widgets ) Areas, By name you will know what they are for
- ‘Home Main Content Area’ is for Home Page
- ‘Main Sidebar Area’ is for Main Sidebar
- ‘Footer Column One’
- ‘Footer Column Two’
- ‘Footer Column Three’ are for Footer Sections
How to manage Home Page contents
- From Customize, go to Widgets then Home Main Content Area
- Now click Add a Widget, then click on- AT Posts Column
- This is very advanced widgets, now you can mange content from here
- Again for adding Advertisement,click Add a Widget, then click on SM Advertisement
- It is another advanced widgets for managing Advertisement
- Note : You can add any available Widgets
How to manage Main Sidebar Area
- From Customize, go to Widgets then Main Sidebar Area
- Follow same process to add widgets in that area
How to manage Footer Sections
- From Customize, go to Widgets
- From Footer Column One, Footer Column Two and Footer Column Three, you can manage Footer Section Area with widgets
- From the Header options, you can customize your site header
- From Customize, go to Header Options
How to setup site logo and its options
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Logo Options
- You will find advanced Logo Options
How to enable-disable Date in header section
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Enable Date
- You can show/hide date
How to setup Breaking News Options
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Breaking News Options
- You will find options for Breaking News
How to setup Social Links
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Social Options
- You will find options for Social Links and other
How to add Header Advertisement
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Header Advertisement
- You can add Advertisement image and link from there
- Recommended image size of 730*90
How to add Home Icon and Search on Menu
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Menu Options
- You can enable-disable Home Icon and Search on Menu
Footer options: How to change footer copyright
- From Customize, go to Footer Option
- You will able to change Copyright Text from there
Very flexible options for changing you site layout, design and colors
Setting up Default Layout
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Default Layout
- From the dropdown Choose Fullwidth or Boxed
How to setup Sidebar Layout
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Default Sidebar Layout
- From the dropdown Choose Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar or No Sidebar
- Note : This will be global for all all pages
How to change featured image option in Blog page and Archive pages
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Default Blog/Archive Layout
- From the dropdown Choose Left Image or No Image
How to change my site primary colors
Probably you are searching for this options 🙂
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Colors
- You can change Background Color and Primary Color
How to add custom CSS
If you know the css knowledge, you can customize you site with css
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Custom CSS
- Now add custom CSS
Single Post Options
- From Customize, go to Single Post Options
- You can show/hide Related Posts in Single post there
Extra option for your site
How to add Breadcrumb
- From Customize, go to Theme Options then Breadcrumb Options
- Now Enable/Disable Breadcrumb
How to change Search Placeholder
- From Customize, go to Theme Options then Search
- Enter Search Placeholder
How to show/hide content of front page ?
- From Customize, go to Theme Options Front Page Options
- Checked on “Hide Blog Posts or Static Page on Front Page” to hide the content of front page.
- From Customize, go to Reset Options
- You can Reset Colors or Whole theme setting from there
- Caution: Reset theme settings according to the given options. Refresh the page after saving to view the effects.
Many more added features are in SuperMagPro Theme a pro version of SuperMag