Don’t forget to check our premium product. SuperMagPro
SuperMag : News, Magazine and Blog WordPress Themes.
We believe this documentation help you to install, setup and customize your site using our theme ‘SuperMag’.
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Go to the Appearance panel, then Themes.
- Click Add New.
- In Search themes… type ‘SuperMag’.
- When ‘SuperMag’ appears click Install button
- After Installing the theme Click Activate button
Setting up Image Sizes
- Go to the Settings, then Media.
- Set thumbnail size : 500 * 280
- Set Medium size : 660 * 365
- Set Large size : 840 * 480
- Click Save Changes
How to make the image size as on demo?
First, go to Settings > Media
Set thumbnail size : 500 * 280
Set Medium size : 660 * 365
Set Large size : 840 * 480
Click on Save Changes to save the change.
We recommend you to use plugin named Acme Fix Image
to crop the actual size of the images.
1. Please download the Dummy content from here.
2. Install Acme Demo Setup plugin
3. Go to Appearance => Acme Demo Setup and upload the zip and import demo content
Start Adding-Editing Contents in your site
Now you can start adding/editing content in you site
- Add Categories and Posts.
- Add different Pages.
Using Theme Customization Options
- ‘SuperMag’ comes with advanced Theme Customization options.
- Go to the Appearance, then Customize.
- Now you can customize you site with great theme customization options.
Manage Site Title, Tagline and Site Icon
- From Customize, go to Site Identity
- You will see options for Site Title, Tagline, Site Icon
- After adding/editing them, don’t forget to click ‘Save & Publish’ button at the top
- From Customize, go to Menus
- You can setup everything related to menus there
Setting up Front page and Blog ( Posts ) page
- From Customize, go to Static Front Page
- Choose a A static page
- Now select Front page and Posts page from the dropdown
- Note: if you don’t have added pages for this, first add pages from WordPress Admin panel => Pages
How to setup features sections
Featured sections includes Featured Slider and Slider Right Sections ( 4 block sections )
Featured Slider ( Category Slider )
- From Customize, go to Featured Section Options then Category Slider Selection
- Select one of the category for Featured Slider
Slider Right Sections ( 4 block sections )
- From Customize, go to Featured Section Options then Slider Right Section
- Select Post One, Select Post Two, and also add Advertisements One and Two
Enable/Disable Feature Section
- From Customize, go to Featured Section Options then Enable Feature Section
- You can enable or disable this section
Managing widgets in sidebar
- From Customize, go to Widgets
- You will see 5( five ), Sidebar ( Widgets ) Areas, By name you will know what they are for
- ‘Home Main Content Area’ is for Home Page
- ‘Main Sidebar Area’ is for Main Sidebar
- ‘Footer Column One’
- ‘Footer Column Two’
- ‘Footer Column Three’ are for Footer Sections
How to manage Home Page contents
- From Customize, go to Widgets then Home Main Content Area
- Now click Add a Widget, then click on- AT Posts Column
- This is very advanced widgets, now you can mange content from here
- Again for adding Advertisement,click Add a Widget, then click on SM Advertisement
- It is another advanced widgets for managing Advertisement
- Note : You can add any available Widgets
How to manage Main Sidebar Area
- From Customize, go to Widgets then Main Sidebar Area
- Follow same process to add widgets in that area
How to manage Footer Sections
- From Customize, go to Widgets
- From Footer Column One, Footer Column Two and Footer Column Three, you can manage Footer Section Area with widgets
- From the Header options, you can customize your site header
- From Customize, go to Header Options
How to setup site logo and its options
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Logo Options
- You will find advanced Logo Options
How to enable-disable Date in header section
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Enable Date
- You can show/hide date
How to setup Breaking News Options
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Breaking News Options
- You will find options for Breaking News
How to setup Social Links
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Social Options
- You will find options for Social Links and other
How to add Header Advertisement
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Header Advertisement
- You can add Advertisement image and link from there
- Recommended image size of 730*90
How to add Home Icon and Search on Menu
- From Customize, go to Header Options then Menu Options
- You can enable-disable Home Icon and Search on Menu
Footer options: How to change footer copyright
- From Customize, go to Footer Option
- You will able to change Copyright Text from there
Very flexible options for changing you site layout, design and colors
Setting up Default Layout
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Default Layout
- From the dropdown Choose Fullwidth or Boxed
How to setup Sidebar Layout
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Default Sidebar Layout
- From the dropdown Choose Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar or No Sidebar
- Note : This will be global for all all pages
How to change featured image option in Blog page and Archive pages
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Default Blog/Archive Layout
- From the dropdown Choose Left Image or No Image
How to change my site primary colors
Probably you are searching for this options 🙂
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Colors
- You can change Background Color and Primary Color
How to add custom CSS
If you know the css knowledge, you can customize you site with css
- From Customize, go to Layout/Design Option then Custom CSS
- Now add custom CSS
Single Post Options
- From Customize, go to Single Post Options
- You can show/hide Related Posts in Single post there
Extra option for your site
How to add Breadcrumb
- From Customize, go to Theme Options then Breadcrumb Options
- Now Enable/Disable Breadcrumb
How to change Search Placeholder
- From Customize, go to Theme Options then Search
- Enter Search Placeholder
How to show/hide content of front page ?
- From Customize, go to Theme Options Front Page Options
- Checked on “Hide Blog Posts or Static Page on Front Page” to hide the content of front page.
- From Customize, go to Reset Options
- You can Reset Colors or Whole theme setting from there
- Caution: Reset theme settings according to the given options. Refresh the page after saving to view the effects.
Many more added features are in SuperMagPro Theme a pro version of SuperMag